Sunday, November 15, 2009

I am trying to find my old Greek family name before they changed it, does anyone know how to do that?

The person I was looking up in my family on an internet biography said they were born to Greek parents in Smyrna, which I heard was part of Ottoman, Greece, and Turkey, can somebody also verify that?





I would really like to find out my old family name, but I don't know if it's possible. I would also like to trace my family back farther and find out what they were doing. What I did find is that the father of the person I looked up was an importer/exporter at a harbor in Smyrna.

I am trying to find my old Greek family name before they changed it, does anyone know how to do that?
I dont know the answer to the second part of your question, but I can verify that Smyrna which is the Greek name for the Turkish city of Izmir was indeed in Ottoman Greece, inside Anatolia, and before the Ottoman invasion of Greece it was Greece itself.
Reply:CANCHITOS RITE. LOOK ONLINE FOR THE SECOND ONE.


No comments:

Post a Comment