Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's my Greek name if my English name is Stacey Dojiri?

I was wondering what my Greek name would be. I don't really want the name Σταψευ Δοξιρι, because that's translated directly from English to Greek. I'm looking for a name that people could actually use in Greece. If anyone could give me a name like that, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!

What's my Greek name if my English name is Stacey Dojiri?
Since your name cannot be translated in greek (like most full names), you just have to use an approximation of the pronunciation in English and the equivalent letters.


I know that the greek keyboard makes people think that it shows the corresponding letters to the english ones, but this is not the case.





If you need to use (modern) greek characters, write





Στέισυ Ντοτζίρι





and pronounce it





STEissi doDGIrhi,





e as in pet, i as in bit, o as in boy, rh rolled.


(I hope it is close to the english pronunciation).





Stacey does come from Anastasia (pronounced anastaSSIa, a as in father), doesn't it?





[Dojiri is not english and I cannot help you with this.


Legally you can only use the transliteration I recommended above, of course, not a translation.]


No comments:

Post a Comment